Pursuant to the Information Technology Act, 2000, and its successive amendments from time to time, we are required to give a disclosure of the SPDI collected by us and how we use it. We may collect and retain the following information from and about you if you interact with us through our service or platform:
– Your full name, contact number, email address & mailing address.
– Your location, platform (website or mobile app) browsing patterns via cookies.
– Your purchase, post, claim & redeem history.
– Other information you actively submit to us or we can determine about you based on your interactions & engagement with a platform or service.
We get access to such information when you:
– Give your consent through our letter of intent/engagement.
– Sign our on-boarding form via offline or online communication mode.
– Register, subscribe, authorize the transfer of, or create an account with us.
– Provide information to participate in our service or platform programs.
– Visit any page online that displays our ads or content.
– Purchase products or services on or through the platform or through offline engagement with our sales/marketing executives.
– Interact or connect with or link to the platform via integrated social networking tools.
– Engage, like, share or post comments to the platform, social media accounts, online or offline campaigns.
– You can manage the types of personal data you provide to us and can limit how we communicate with you.
– You can manage your notice preferences by adjusting the settings in our mobile application.
– You can also manage your subscriptions by following subscription management instructions.
– You may update your subscription preferences at any time. Please note that even if you decide not to subscribe to, or to unsubscribe, from promotional email messages, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information related to your account and your purchases. For example, even if you have unsubscribed from our promotional email messages, we will still send your confirmations when you make purchases on or through the platform.
– You hereby consent to receive communications by SMS, calls, in-app notifications from Byloapp or its affiliates or its partners with regard to the services provided by Byloapp, India or as facilitated by the Byloapp partners.
– You may manage how your browser handles cookies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. Please refer to the Policy for information of Cookies for more information.
– You may also manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share information on and about your devices with us, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider and the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
We process personal data for the following purposes:;
– Improve, operate, maintain and enhance the platform.
– Provide you with personalized or dedicated marketing initiatives via email, call and direct marketing offers.
– Facilitating your on-boarding & registration process, deals/offers posting & engagement, claim and redemption process of domestic goods and services.
– Determine your eligibility for certain types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to you, and analyze advertising effectiveness.
– Answer your questions and respond to your requests.
– To establish and analyze individual and group profiles and customer behavior.
– Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about us and the merchants..
– Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, marketing messages, and requested information, including on behalf of business partners.
– Administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events.
– Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
– Allows you to sign up for special offers from merchants through the platforms
– To enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you, determine your interests and provide you with more relevant and compelling services and results.
We are not in the business of selling or renting personal data. We will not share your personal data, except in the following manner;
– Of providing your dedicated service (branding, marketing, promotion etc.).
– With the merchants, so they can help consumers in redemption or delivery of their respective deals, offers & discounts to serve you better.
– With the consumers, so they can browse, claim, redeem and consume deals, offers & discounts posted by the merchants or MSME.
– To comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance.
– To combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or those of our affiliates, merchants, consumers and users, or as part of legal proceedings affecting Byloapp.
– In response to a legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts.
– With your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
We collect your personal data;
– When you register, subscribe, create an account, make a claim or redeem deals/offers or otherwise contact us or communicate with us actively. For example, you provide personal data to us when you contact us online for customer service and other support using self-help tools, such as email, text, call or by posting to online communities.
– When you interact with the platform via cookies and other technologies as described in Clause on Cookies below.
– Through other online and offline information from our business partners and marketing or sales activities.
We use strict security measures to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of your Personal Information and to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction. We shall, however, not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive your Personal Information. The platform is also linked to many other sites and we are not/ shall not be responsible for their privacy policies or practices as it is beyond our control.
By keeping your personal data updated, you can help us ensure that we can respect your preferences and offer you the goods and services that are most relevant to you. While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, closing your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions.
You can at anytime unsubscribe from our services, newsletters, e-mailers. We will, however, retain your personal data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting or other compliance purposes. We will also retain your personal data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
– For consumers, the platform has an option of initiating a direct chat with the merchant. Both, the platform as well as the merchants can see the communication happening and can put them on the records for better service and understanding and also, to maintain a record.
– The platform may contain connections to areas where you may be able to publicly post information, communicate with others such as discussion boards or blogs, review a business and deals/offers posting, and otherwise submit your own original content. Prior to posting in these areas, please note that all the information you post may be accessible to anyone with Internet access, and any information you include in your posting may be read, collected, and used by others.
Meaning: Cookies are unique identifiers, usually made up of small bits of text or code. Cookies are usually stored on your device or in your web browser and they send certain information back to the party who served the cookie. When we say cookies we are actually referring to a broader range of technologies than just cookies, including web beacons, clear gifs, pixels and other similar technologies. When we say first-party cookies we mean cookies that are served by Byloapp. When we say third party cookies we mean cookies that are served by non-Byloapp parties.
Our Site primarily uses the following four types of cookies;
Operations based Cookies: These cookies are essential for the operation of our platform. They make it possible for you to browse and use our platform. If you disable these cookies, the platform will not function correctly.
Performance based Cookies: These cookies gather information about how visitors use the platform and monitor platform performance. For example, performance cookies tell us which pages are popular, monitor traffic to our platform and compile anonymous analytic information. Performance cookies can also be used to identify and remedy operational problems with the platform.
Functionality based Cookies: These cookies are used to recognize and remember your preferences. For example, functionality cookies may use information, such as your location, to make sure that you arrive at a version of our platform that is specific to your city or region.
We do not have control over, or access to, third-party advertising cookies or the information they contain. Third parties manage any information that they collect via cookies they place in accordance with their privacy policies.
You may opt-out of third-party personalized advertising cookies. You will still see ads but they will not be personalized.
Cookies and Browser settings: You may be able to avoid certain cookies by configuring your browser settings or opting-out directly with a party that operates and controls cookies. Please check your browser settings for more information.
Cookies in Emails: Our emails contain cookies that track whether you open our emails and whether you click any links within them. The cookies used in our emails to monitor these behaviors are unique to each email and are not stored on your computer or mobile device.
In order to have a better experience and to use all features in app, we need below permissions to be used in our android app;
– Phone Contacts: We use it to enable you to see which of your friends are on the platform and who you can invite on the platform.
– Location: To provide location specific functionality like shops or outlets near you.
– SMS: We need send and receive SMS permission, so as to read your SMS and auto- populate One Time Password received on your mobile number for authentication of your entered number while profile registration.
– Camera and Microphone: To scan QR Code of a particular business/shop/store/franchise/outlet or to claim and redeem deals, offers and discounts on the platform.
– Call Phone: We require access to make phone calls through the app. You can call us or merchants of shopping centres, gyms, restaurants, cafes, spa, salon, hotels, grocery stores, medical outlets etc. directly through the app.
– Phone State: This permission is used to detect your Android ID using which we uniquely identify every user and map user related activities. Using these details we also prevent any transaction related fraud.
– Storage: This permission is used for enabling local caching of data on your device to make your browsing experience faster and smoother. We do not store any confidential data as part of this permission.
– Vibrate: This permission is used to alert you on an incoming notification.
– Geo-Services: This permission is used to notify you that you have entered a city hotspot and there are various merchant’s business/shop/store/franchise/outlet with live deals/offers/discounts in the area.
– Maps: This permission is used to show you the exact location of a merchant’s business/shop/store/franchise/outlet on a Google map, it also helps you navigate and assess distance from your current location. This permission will also present you with a bird-eye view of your city/region with active deals/offers/discounts pop-ups with their live and ongoing deals/offers/discounts’ count.
– Boot-Complete: In case your phone restarts, we use this permission to detect if in the meantime you have entered a location hotspot so that we can trigger a notification informing you of the same along with deals in the area.
– Network: To connect to the Internet and networks in proximity of the User for the App to function.
– Install Shortcut: Shortcut of Byloapp platform is auto-created upon installation by the User.
– Wake Lock for Background Works: In case of multiple background services, your Device shall require these background works from time to time.
In order to have a better experience and to use all features in the app, we need below permissions to be used in our IOS app;
– Phone Contacts: We use it to enable you to see which of your friends are on the platform and who you can invite on the platform.
– Location: To provide location specific functionality like a merchant’s business/shop/store/franchise/outlet near you.
– Camera & Microphone: To scan QR Code of a particular business/shop/store/franchise/outlet or to claim and redeem deals/offers/discounts on the platform.
– Gallery: To use, access and upload photos or videos while creating your consumer profile or merchant profile or business/shop/store/franchise/outlet profile or posting a deal/offer/discounts on the platform.
Name: Byloapp, India (WOWIT Technologies Pvt. Ltd.)
Address: 501, NRK Bizpark, Scheme No 54 PU4, Indore, Madhya Pradesh – 452010
Business Hours: Monday to Friday (11:00 to 19:00)